- Built on Raspberry Pi 3B, with heat sink on the Broadcom processor
- NooElec Smart RTL-SDR receivers
- Stable SensorGnome software release (currently using October 12, 2018 image with the April 19, 2019 update)
- Bulkhead double-shielded (LM195)coaxial connections to reduce strain on receivers and USB cables (1 per receiver)
- Precise timekeeping via GPS sync (external GPS antenna included)
- Integrated exterior WiFi switch---a double-click activates a temporary WiFi hotspot to allow data download without a physical connection or removal of the microSD card. A second double-click deactivates the WiFi hotspot
- Safe shutdown via integrated exterior switch (hold 3 seconds)
- 32GB class 10 microSD card
- AC power source
- Free FedEx Ground shipping to continental US customers (contact us for Alaska/Hawaii/Canada or expedited rates)
- 5V/3A DC converter for solar or other DC applications ($75)
- RTL-SDRs draw a bit more current than FUNcubes, and max out what the Raspberry Pi's USB ports can power with 4 or more receivers. If you need 4 or more RTL-SDRs, contact us about adding a powered USB hub.
We build SensorGnomes from all new components and subject each unit to at least 48 hours of continuous operation prior to shipping. During this period we test:
- connection to the Motus server
- GPS acquisition
- DC power source (if added)
- each receiver with active nanotag
- multiple reboot cycles
- WiFi connection and data download
SensorGnome - RTL-SDR
Number of RTL-SDR dongles
Add DC power source capability?
Select receiver coaxial connector type
See Warranty page for details.